Roof Replacement in Austin
Benefits of replacing a roof
Roof replacement is important if you have recently experienced damage to your roof, or if your roof is nearing the end of its useful life. Replacing your entire roof can actually have some benefits when weighed against a temporary repair. We can use all different types of material to replace your roof.
Depending on your budget and what type of look you want for your roof, there are plenty of options for choosing material. The following are common materials and the benefits and disadvantages of using them:
- Asphalt Roofing is the cheapest and most common type of roofing material. They are easy to install and repair, because they are lightweight. They come in a variety of different colors, and they are fire resistant. On the down side, they are not completely environmentally friendly, they can be unattractive when they get worn out, and they tend to be more easily damaged than other materials.
- Wood Shingles or wood shakes are an extremely attractive material. They are generally made of cedar because of its ability to withstand the elements. They are environmentally friendly and they add natural insulation to your home. They last anywhere from 30 to 50 years, and after all those years, they have a nice silver or gray tone to them. One thing about wood shakes is that they tend to be expensive. The elements can cause them to crack, and they are not as fire resistant as asphalt shingles unless a special finish is added to them.
- Concrete or Clay Tiles will have a very distinct look about them. They can be many different styles and come in many different colors. They are also very durable and last a long time. Unfortunately they can be very heavy, making them somewhat more difficult to install, and they can also be more expensive.
- Metal Roofs are mostly made of steel or aluminum and this type of roof replacement material can last over 50 years. They are very low maintenance and have an incredible ability to withstand the elements. They are energy efficient and environmentally friendly. The only problem is that they might be a bit expensive and might require paint from time to time to keep from rusting.
- Slate is extremely low maintenance and has a great look. It is able to withstand the elements and comes in a wide array of colors. It is also expensive and heavy duty, which means it might be more difficult to install.
No matter what kind of replacement material you’re considering, we can help. We offer all different kinds of materials, so if you’re looking for a certain style or color, we can help you out.
Repair or replace?
Sometimes homeowners debate whether or not they should repair their roof as opposed to replacing it. If your roof has sustained a substantial amount of damage, you’ll probably want to replace it and save yourself more money in the long run. There can also be problems with your roof that are not visible, and if you have an inspection done, we can tell you if it’s a better deal to go with roof replacement as opposed to repair. Also, if your roof is nearing the end of its lifespan, it may be better to replace it now and restart the clock on how long the roof will last.
Roof replacement is definitely something to think about if you’re remodeling your home, if you have a constant leak, or if you have otherwise experienced some damage to your home. Roof replacement will last you anywhere from 15 to over 50 years, depending on the type of material you choose. We have the knowledge and the tools to come out and help you get a brand new roof.
If you need a replacement, but you’re not sure how to go about it, we can help. You have many different options, from choosing a color or material to adding ventilation and skylights that fit your needs. We can answer any questions you might have before we start the project.
Another easy way out is repairing a section. However, there are a number of reasons to replace instead of just patching it up. If you have damage in more than just one little spot on your, you should consider replacing the entire thing. If you’ve just had it replaced a few years ago, it may not be worth the money to replace it again this soon. If you haven’t replaced your roof for some time, you might want to get a new one if it has a lot of damage or has reached the end of its useful life. We can help you weigh these factors and come up with the most cost-effective solution.
What to Consider
There are quite a few things to consider before you replace. Roofs come in all kinds of styles and materials. Here are some of the things to look for before you decide:
- Lifespan – Different materials last a different amount of time. If you plan on staying in your current house, a longer lasting material may be for you. If you plan on being somewhere else in five years you might replace with a less expensive material.
- Maintenance – Depending on the material you’re going to use, you’ll have different levels of maintenance. Most people don’t maintain their roofs on a regular basis, and most materials don’t require much in the way of maintenance. If you are adding in skylights or gutter guards, you might need to inspect them from time to time. Consider maintenance time in your plan.
- Color – If you’re remodeling or building a new house, you can pick out all the colors you want to make your house look great. You also might want to use a color that matches the existing siding and your landscape.
- Strength – Materials are designed to withstand the elements, but some work better than others. Some materials withstand heat better, while others withstand wind and rain better. In addition to homes, we also work on a barns, garages, or sheds, etc., and you might want to pick a different material than you would for a house.
If you have any other questions or aspects you want to cover when you’re planning, we can help. Choosing the right material is important, because you’ll have it for a long time.
Call us today at (512) 458-6800 in Austin!
Give us a call for a free estimate. A whole roof replacement is a huge task to take on, but with our experience and professionalism, we can help you with design and proper installation that will last a long time, and with the right materials you won’t need to maintain it that often. Just pick out your materials, colors, and look and we can help you with the rest. Let us do all the hard work for you.